UNC vs. Virginia Tech, Northwestern vs. Michigan State, more
As Week 1 of the season continues before the first full Saturday, here’s a look at the college football schedule for Friday, Sept. 3.
Week 1 of the 2021 college football season got rolling a little more on Thursday night, with a typical full day-to-night slate gloriously coming on Saturday. In between, there are eight games scheduled for today, Friday, Sept. 3.
Friday night’s slate is highlighted by an ACC matchup, as 10th-ranked North Carolina will travel to Blacksburg to take on Virginia Tech. Tar Heels quarterback Sam Howell is an early Heisman Trophy contender, and if the 2022 NFL Draft were today he’d be one of the first quarterbacks off the board. In last year’s game against the Hokies, a 56-45 win for North Carolina, Howell completed a little over 78 percent of his passes (18-for-23) for 257 yards and three touchdowns.
Elsewhere, Michigan State and Northwestern is an interesting matchup of mid-tier Big Ten teams. Kansas will try to get its latest effort at a rebuild, aka the Lance Leipold era, going on the right foot with a win over South Dakota out of the FCS.
Here’s a look the full schedule of FBS college football games for Friday night, with game time and television network.
College football games today
- North Carolina at Virginia Tech, 6 p.m. ET, TV: ESPN
- Duke at Charlotte, 7:00 p.m. ET, TV: CBS Sports Network
- Old Dominion at Wake Forest, 7:00 p.m. ET, TV: ACC Network
- St. Francis (PA) at Eastern Michigan, 7:00 p.m. ET, TV: ESPN3
- South Dakota at Kansas, 8:00 p.m. ET, TV: ESPN+/Big 12
- Michigan State at Northwestern, 9:00 p.m. ET, TV: ESPN
- Northern Colorado at Colorado, 9:00 p.m. ET, TV: Pac-12 Network
- South Dakota State at Colorado State, 9:00 p.m. ET, TV: FS1
For more NCAA football news, analysis, opinion and unique coverage by FanSided, including Heisman Trophy and College Football Playoff rankings, be sure to bookmark these pages.